Know the Professor: Marcelo Svirsky
- Supports and promotes BDS.
- Walked some 300 kilometers from Sydney to Canberra, Australia, in order to raise awareness about the BDS movement and petition the Australian government to support BDS.
- Signed a letter in “support and appreciation” for a professor who published a pro-BDS article in the LA Times.
- Falsely accused Israeli journalists of encouraging “Israeli soldiers to rape Palestinian teenage girls.”
- Was one of the featured speakers at the 2017 Sydney BDS conference.
- Wrote an academic article titled “BDS as a Mediator,” which “discusses the BDS movement by looking into its affective powers.”
- Co-authored an anti-Israel book that “sets up a new methodology with which to study the settler colonial project in Palestine.” The book asks: “In what ways can we divest from settler arrangements in the present-day?” and “How do we contribute to the decolonisation of Palestine?”
- Accused everyday Israelis of being “involved in the oppression of Palestinians.”
- Wrote a number of anti-Israel academic articles and op-eds.
lecturers » Marcelo Svirsky
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on twitter