know the anti-israel
Know the Professor: Rachel Giora
- Promotes the boycott of Israel.
- A member of the “BOYCOTT! Supporting the Palestinian BDS Call from Within” movement.
- Signed an open letter calling on the German government to reject a resolution equating BDS with anti-Semitism. The letter also urged Germany to continue funding organizations, including pro-BDS NGOs, that “peacefully challenge the Israeli occupation” and “expose severe violations of international law.”
- Signed a petition to boycott Ariel University because of its location in Judea & Samaria.
- Signed a petition in “support and appreciation” of students and lecturers who illegally refused to carry out their IDF service in Judea & Samaria.”
- Signed a letter accusing Israel of subjecting Palestinians “to life in fearsome ghettos” and demanding international intervention against Israel.
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of the “slaughter of large numbers of wholly innocent people” in Gaza.
- Signed a petition calling on the European Council, Commission and the European Parliament to pressure Israel into surrendering to Hamas’ demands.
- Signed a petition in support of anti-Semitic British Labor Party leader Jeremy Corbyn and of “end[ing] the occupation and the blockade of Gaza.”
- Signed a letter congratulating the Canadian Union of Public Employees for boycotting Israel.
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of harming the academic freedom of Palestinians. The petition was then used by a pro-boycott organization to “vindicate[e]…its campaign for the institutional boycott of the Israeli academy.”
- Signed a petition advocating for the release of terrorist supporter Dareen Tatour, who was arrested and convicted for inciting violence and supporting a terrorist organization.
- Signed a petition urging “massive intervention by the international community” against “Israel’s atrocities.”
- Signed a petition urging Duke University to cancel a talk by former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, who they labeled a war criminal.
- Signed a petition calling to lift the “siege” on Gaza.
- Petitioned Israel’s Supreme Court to force the government to disclose the identities of the foreign law firms hired by the state to fight BDS.
- Signed an open letter denouncing Boston’s Museum of Science for co-sponsoring and hosting an exhibit on Israeli innovation, calling it an attempt to “deflect attention from [Israel’s] atrocious human rights record and fundamentally discriminatory policies.” The letter also accused the Technion of developing “technologies of death” used against Palestinians.”