know the anti-israel
Know the Professor: Daphna Golan
- Co-founder and former board member of the radical anti-Zionist organization “B’Tselem.”
- Was accused by international students of indoctrinating them with anti-Israel misinformation, which included bringing speakers who accused Israel of being a “fascist” state and torturing Palestinian children.
- Stated in an interview that she doesn’t think a Jewish majority is necessary in Israel, and added that “there can’t possibly be a Jewish state, much less a Jewish Democratic state.”
- Published articles comparing the State of Israel to apartheid South Africa.
- During Operation Cast Lead in Gaza (2008-09), Golan tore down signs on campus that called for the continuation of the operation.
- Signed a letter of support for Tali Fahima, who was convicted of passing information to an enemy and maintaining contacts with a foreign agent with the intention of harming state security.
- In 1993, Golan founded the organization “Bat Shalom,” a radical organization that organized shifts around the clock in protest of the “occupation” and similar issues.
- Signed a petition in “support and appreciation” of students and lecturers who illegally refused to do IDF service in Judea and Samaria.
- Signed a letter accusing Israel of subjecting Palestinians “to life in fearsome ghettos” and demanding international intervention against Israel.
- According to the Israel Academia Monitor, Golan met with a group of BDS activists.
- Claimed in an interview that she will encourage her son to refuse to serve in the IDF.
- Golan is the coordinator of the “Coalition for the Rescue of Lifta” for “Zochrot,” an NGO that works to materialize the return of Palestinian Arabs to Israel that would destroy the Jewish character of the state.