- Moderated a pro-BDS conference at the University of Chicago organized by “Students for Justice in Palestine” titled, “From South Africa to Israel: The Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement.”
- During the Second intifada, Amit signed an open letter describing Palestinian violence as “a legitimate revolt against colonial occupation.”
- Lobbied the congressman representing his district not to participate in a trip to Israel.
- Signed a letter to the Dean of Students at Fordham University condemning the university’s decision to block the pro-BDS group “Students for Justice in Palestine” from forming. 
- Signed a petition urging other academics and intellectuals to protest the “war crimes by the Israeli government.”
- Spoke out against arrest of Imad Ahmad Barghouti, a pro-Hamas professor who was convicted on incitement charges.