know the anti-israel
Know the Professor: Adi Ophir
- Supports and promotes BDS.
- Promoted BDS in the South Atlantic Quarterly academic journal: “The BDS is a legitimate and potentially powerful form of struggle… The first step in this direction, however, must be made by Israeli Jews. They should force themselves to become addressees of the BDS’s call—and then, hopefully, they will seek to join the addressors.”
- Spoke at “Israel Apartheid Week” in London.
- Co-authored the anti-Israel book, “The One-State Condition: Occupation and Democracy in Israel/Palestine.”
- Signed a petition urging the president of Manchester University to pressure Israel.
- Signed a petition in support of Hermann Dierkes, a leader of the left wing party in Germany, who called for a boycott on Israeli goods.
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of the “slaughter of large numbers of wholly innocent people” in Gaza.
- Signed a petition calling the UN to pressure Israel into surrendering to Hamas’ demands.
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of harming the academic freedom of Palestinians. The petition was then used by a pro-boycott organization to “vindicate[e]…its campaign for the institutional boycott of the Israeli academy.”
- Signed a petition in “support and appreciation” of students and lecturers who illegally refused to carry out their IDF service in Judea & Samaria.”
- Signed a petition urging “massive intervention by the international community” against “Israel`s atrocities.”
- Signed a document labeling Israel a “colonial structure” with “unmistakable elements of apartheid,” and calling for the “right of return” for Palestinian Arabs, which is tantamount to calling for the destruction of the State of Israel.