- Supports and promotes BDS.
- Urged the student senate at his university, UC Berkeley, to adopt a bill to divest from Israel.
- Repeatedly compared Israel to Nazi Germany and likened Israel’s treatment of Palestinians to the Nazi’s treatment of Jews during the Holocaust.
- A self-defined “anti-Zionist.”
- Signed an open letter calling on the German government to reject a resolution equating BDS with anti-Semitism. The letter also urged Germany to continue funding organizations, including pro-BDS NGOs, that “peacefully challenge the Israeli occupation” and “expose severe violations of international law.”
- Signed an open letter accusing Israel of “systematic oppression of the Palestinian people.”
- Signed a letter asserting that “the ‘fog of war’ [against Iraq] could be exploited by the Israeli government to commit further crimes against the Palestinian people, up to full- fledged ethnic cleansing.”
- Signed a petition in support of Hermann Dierkes, a leader of the Left Wing Party in Germany, who called to boycott Israel.
- Signed a petition to Barak Obama calling on the United States to divest from Israel and to cease providing it with financial, diplomatic and military support.