know the anti-israel
Know the Professor: Idan Landau
- Signed a petition to boycott Ariel University because of its location in Judea & Samaria.
- Responding to an op-ed written by an Israeli-Arab activist and friend of Im Tirtzu, Landau wrote: “I just discovered that ‘Im Tirtzu’ has a pet Arab.”
- As rockets were raining down on Israeli civilians during Operation Cast Lead, Landau was called up for reserve duty and refused, resulting in his imprisonment. He also called on other reservists to refuse to enlist during the operation.
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of the “slaughter of large numbers of wholly innocent people” in Gaza.
- Signed an open letter calling on the German government to reject a resolution equating BDS with anti-Semitism. The letter also urged Germany to continue funding organizations, including pro-BDS NGOs, that “peacefully challenge the Israeli occupation” and “expose severe violations of international law.”
- Signed a petition in support of Hermann Dierkes, a leader of the Left Wing Party in Germany, who called to boycott Israel.
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of harming the academic freedom of Palestinians. The petition was then used by a pro-boycott organization to “vindicate[e]…its campaign for the institutional boycott of the Israeli academy.”
- Signed a petition in “support and appreciation” of students and lecturers who illegally refused to carry out their IDF service in Judea & Samaria.”
- Signed a petition calling to lift the “siege” on Gaza.