know the anti-israel
Know the Professor: Alon Liel
- Former Director General of Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Israeli Ambassador to South Africa.
- Supports boycotting products from Judea & Samaria.
- Wrote an op-ed in The Guardian titled “For Israelis, Palestinian Oppression Is out of Sight and out of Mind,” in which he expressed support for a pro-boycott initiative to remove the “Made in Israel” labels from goods produced in Judea & Samaria, arguing that they are “occupied land…not Israel.”
- Was secretly recorded urging members of the anti-Israel NGO “Breaking the Silence” to continue drumming up international pressure against Israel and suggested that they try to get Israel kicked out of the United Nations.
- Signed a petition calling on EU member states to boycott “organizations and companies if they are active, directly or indirectly, in the occupied territories.”
- Filed a petition to Israel’s High Court of Justice asking it to prevent the deportation of a known BDS activist.
- Signed an open letter calling on the German government to reject a resolution equating BDS with anti-Semitism. The letter also urged Germany to continue funding organizations, including pro-BDS NGOs, that “peacefully challenge the Israeli occupation” and “expose severe violations of international law.”
- Signed a letter urging the British parliament to recognize a Palestinian state.
- Signed a petition calling to lift the “siege” on Gaza.
- Signed a petition congratulating the EU on its decision to label Israeli products from Judea & Samaria, and urged “the EU and other world governments to take further steps in this direction.”