- Vocal and prominent BDS advocate.
- Regularly speaks at events on American campuses organized by Students for Justice in Palestine, slandering Israel and promoting BDS.
- Regularly writes articles in English promoting BDS and accusing Israel of “ethnic cleansing,” “war crimes,” and “genocide.”
- Wrote a rabidly anti-Israel book titled, “The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine.”
- Encouraged a student to write a false thesis claiming that Israel massacred some 250 unarmed Palestinians in the village of Tantura in the War of Independence, which was proven to be utterly false.
- Described by renowned historian Benny Morris: “At best, Ilan Pappe must be one of the world’s sloppiest historians; at worst, one of the most dishonest.”
- Wrote an article titled, “Why I Favor a Boycott of My Own University,” while he was teaching at Haifa University.
- Wrote an op-ed in The Guardian urging British academics to boycott Israel.
- Wrote a letter to the “Princeton community” in support of a Princeton University initiative to divest from Israel.
- During the Second Lebanon war, he signed a statement accusing Israel of perpetrating war crimes and a “massacre.” He also sent his “solidarity and support to the victims of this brutality.”
- Was call upon to resign by the president of Haifa University.
- Signed a letter urging Australian historian Alison Bashford not to accept the prestigious Dan David Prize, which is headquartered at Tel-Aviv University, because doing so would “legitimize and normalize Israel’s colonial violence and apartheid.”