know the anti-israel
Know the Professor: Dmitry Shumsky
- Signed an open letter calling on the German government to reject a resolution equating BDS with anti-Semitism. The letter also urged Germany to continue funding organizations, including pro-BDS NGOs, that “peacefully challenge the Israeli occupation” and “expose severe violations of international law.”
- Wrote that if Israel applies sovereignty on parts of Judea and Samaria, the Israeli Left “will have to stand behind the boycott, divestment and sanctions program.”
- Accused Israel of having a “terrorist policy against the Palestinian people” and of being an “apartheid” state.
- Ahead of an international gathering in Vienna on anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism in Europe, Shumsky signed a petition opposing the comparison of anti-Semitism to anti-Zionism, writing: “This fight against anti-Semitism should not be instrumentalized to suppress legitimate criticism of Israel’s occupation and severe violations of Palestinian human rights.”
- In an interview with the far-left news site, +972 Magazine, Shumsky concluded that Zionism inevitably involved the oppression of Palestinians.