- Supports and promotes BDS.
- Wrote a pro-BDS article in the South Atlantic Quarterly academic journal.
- Co-authored the anti-Israel book, “The One-State Condition: Occupation and Democracy in Israel/Palestine.”
- During the Second intifada, Azoulay signed an open letter describing Palestinian violence as “a legitimate revolt against colonial occupation.”
- Signed a petition accusing Israel of harming the academic freedom of Palestinians. The petition was then used by a pro-boycott organization to “vindicate[e]…its campaign for the institutional boycott of the Israeli academy.”
- Signed a petition to boycott Ariel University because of its location in Judea & Samaria.
- Signed a petition urging international pressure on Israel and accusing it of “killing and wounding of human beings who are exercising their elementary right to claim political freedom.”
- Signed a petition calling on the UN to pressure Israel into surrendering to Hamas’ demands.
- Gave a lecture at Cornell University in which she blackened out all the photos of early Jewish pioneers of Israel in her presentation, stating “I can’t bear to look at them.